August 7, 2009
3PM Wedding at Manti Temple (Garrett is booking it today)
4-5:30PM Pictures (guests can tour Manti)
6PM Dinner at Manti House (or are there other suggestions?)
Night Guests drive back to UT County
August 8, 2009
Morning Out of town guests site-see Utah spots
Afternoon Have fun with family getting things set up
7PM Reception at ??? (need suggestions here)
August 22, 2009
Reception in Virginia with Blue Grass music
We liked the relaxed atmosphere of M&D's back yard but I've always thought the Springville Art Museum would be cool (esp since it will be the quilt exhibit at that time).
ReplyDeleteManti is a great temple! You'll love Manti. August is a great month :-) And of course the 7th is perfect (who came up with such a brilliant date? :-) One thing to think about -- we enjoyed having our wedding in the morning (10:30am) and doing the reception the same day. That way we were able to leave straight for the honeymoon. It may seem like 10:30 is early for a Manti wedding. It didn't seem early at all to us. We had a wedding lunch somewhere in Manti. And then had plenty of time to get back and get ready for the reception. Well, ok, we actually didn't do much with the reception. We showed up :-) I think the people doing the reception though were ok with it. I don't know. We'll have to ask. Mom?
ReplyDeleteI loved the backyard receptions...so warm and friendly. I think you should definately do your mom and dad's back yard. :) I agree with Shelly, having the wedding in the morning and a luncheon at the Manti house...or the Yardley. Nick and I booked the Yardley bed and breakfast honeymoon suite for Natalie's wedding because it was our anniversary and we fell in love with it :) But the Manti house is closer to the temple and very good also...that is where we had our luncheon. Then we had the reception at your mom's house that evening and left for Montreal in the morning :)Unless you have a sepecific reason for doing the wedding in the afternoon, I would suggest a morning wedding. :)
ReplyDeleteI think the backyard weddings are so warm and friendly. I vote for your mom and dad's backyard. I agree with Shelly about the morning wedding. Unless you have a sepecific reason for doing it in the afternoon, I would strongly suggest morning. We did the morning and had our luncheon at the Manti house. It is nice and close to the temple, but for Natalie's wedding, Nick and I booked the honeymoon suite at the Yardley, another bed and breakfast there in Manti and we fell in love with it. We then had a reception at your mom's house that night and left for Montreal in the morning. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat, I didn't realize it posted twice...sorry, The first time it made me sign up and after I did my posting was gone so I thought I had to redo it? :)
ReplyDeleteHave to agree withe the others... morning wedding evening reception... you really won't want to come back for a reception in the middle of the honeymoon. ESPECIALLY earily the next day. I feel very bad I will miss it :( But you can't please everyone.
ReplyDeleteLove all of your comments! Garrett and I are still thinking about the afternoon wedding. This allows us to focus on the wedding and still have time before the reception to get things put together. Don't worry, you won't see us early in the morning or maybe not until 4 or 5 the next day. This will allow us to go through a session as man and wife the next day also if we want. We'll see.
ReplyDeleteI'll check out the bed and breakfast place. That sounds great!
And I'm very sad that Aunt Charlotte can't be there. But maybe you can make it to the Virginia reception. But at least you'll be able to enjoy the photos and I might even model the dress for you next time I'm in town. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll take my web cam with me :)
ReplyDeleteOur wedding time was at 9:30 am and it wasn't too bad. Anytime will work. I think me an John ar egoing to have to spend the night in Manti just for a night away.
ReplyDelete