Friday, March 13, 2009
How We Met...
It was a rainy summer evening in July of 2007... it was the fourth of July to be exact. My little brother and I had been invited to a party to see the fireworks over the East River. Our friend Stacy had the greatest view since she could see both sets of fireworks from her balcony. That night I met Betsy for the first time... and I saw fireworks! ;) At one point I remember talking to her and thought I could make a splash with my good sense of humor. After telling a corny joke that didn't land I toned down the humor for the evening. Instead I told her all about Brooklyn and how rough my neighborhood was (the old one)... I think I even said something about how she should never go near my neighborhood. Between the corny jokes and telling her NOT to go near my house, I don't believe I was thinking clearly that night. I guess it's like that sometimes when you talk to an angel. ;) The evening ended with a few of us walking to the subway, including me and Betsy. I really enjoyed talking to her but I didn't get her number that night ... that came later at another serendipitous meeting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it!! You need to write more Garrett! That's so romantic.... sigh. :-) I love a good love story. I love that it was the 7th month of the 2007 year ;-) Too bad it wasn't the seventh day. I love the seeing fireworks idea though so I think the 4th of July is a much better day :-) Betsy, you definitely need to get him to write more memories and scrapbook, scrapbook, scrapbook!! This is great!
ReplyDeleteMaybe we should have sparklers at our reception. Fireworks again. :)
ReplyDelete