Sunday, March 15, 2009

How We Met... Part II

Who doesn't love Coney Island? We sure love it... they're changing it a little bit this year but hopefully they won't change too much. Late in the month of July 2007 the Brooklyn YSA group hosted an activity out on Coney Island and I went there with my little brother Derek (he stayed that entire summer with me in NYC). We had a lot of fun and spent most of the day on the beach. 

After a while a very cute girl I had met a couple of weeks earlier showed up... she caught my eye again and this time I had to at least get her number. :) Betsy came later in the afternoon when some people were leaving. I didn't want to leave so early... we hadn't even gotten a hot dog yet! So, Derek and I stuck around a little longer with Betsy and another young lady... ok, we had more motivation for staying than just a hot dog. ;) We got our hot dog and sat on the beach for a while as dusk set in. We talked a while and she had caught my interest - to say the least. 

Later that evening, after I got home, Derek was laughing at me about how much we were flirting. He especially liked the part when Betsy dropped ice down my shirt... she doesn't remember that. :) Of course, he was really picking on me once I told him I got her number... my baby brother saw the beginnings of budding romance... and I guess he had to have his fun with me. After that I went to a conference in Hong Kong for a week so it was another couple of weeks before we went on our first date...

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to Coney Island. You guys will have to show us around next time we are there. What fun memories!

    ReplyDelete