Yes, Grandma was always trying new things. I don't think she'd be stuck in the old wedding cake mold! And, Auntie, I can't believe a rebel like you would be either!!! By the way, I like this modern cake. And I like having lots of different cakes. How many did you do for my wedding, Auntie? Love the one with raspberry in the middle.
I like the idea of having different flavors for each cake. I'm afraid I am my mother's daughter and prefer the more traditional (layered high)style, but I think this is a cute idea :)
I thought we had 4 kinds for your wedding cake Marianne, but I can't think of them all now....Chocolate/chocolate mousee....Pound cake with Raspberry filling and banana bread with vanilla pudding is all I can remember:) And in defense of the rebel in me....I like some of the other ones she came up with...but this one doesn't do it for me....maybe too much like the cupcake cakes...I also highly disaprove of those....LOL
I love the cupcake cakes :-) The tree cake took some getting used to for me. I think it's a great idea though. What would you think about a little color in the cake? Even just subtle color like light-green leaves? Something to go with the greenery idea of the centerpieces. Just an idea. Of course the flowers around the cake could be the color too. I'm just picturing vines climbing all over the cake (in a subtle way :-) Muted greens. Very outdoorsy.
No - The cakes should be white. If Dad hasn't built the stand by one of my trips out there (it may be July), then we'll go with the other idea. I love them both, so it wouldn't be a disappointment.
I finally remembered the 4th kind of cake...it was chocolate/raspberry mousse. I am bringing the recipes for all four to Utah with me. Now about the cake....are you serving cake? Is the cake on the stand real? are you serving from the stand? How many people are you planning on? I need to know how many cakes to make. Are these 8" rounds? An 8" round cake will serve...in theory 25. I'd rather serve larger pieces and get maybe 20 per cake? Let me know. :)
Wow! You accomplished a lot during a very short visit. It was really great to see you both! Let me know what I can do.
ReplyDelete- Nicole
I think it is very cool.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Cox is rolling over in her grave and I am having trouble adjusting to this "modern" version of a wedding cake :)
ReplyDeleteMom LOVED it when she saw it. I think Grandma might be okay with it. She'll chalk it up to a different generation. :)
ReplyDeleteI must comment on the cake because I think it is very cool. Just make sure you've got chocolate going on somewhere in there . . .
ReplyDeleteGrandma was an artist, I bet she would love it too. : )
ReplyDeleteYes, Grandma was always trying new things. I don't think she'd be stuck in the old wedding cake mold! And, Auntie, I can't believe a rebel like you would be either!!! By the way, I like this modern cake. And I like having lots of different cakes. How many did you do for my wedding, Auntie? Love the one with raspberry in the middle.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of having different flavors for each cake. I'm afraid I am my mother's daughter and prefer the more traditional (layered high)style, but I think this is a cute idea :)
ReplyDeleteI thought we had 4 kinds for your wedding cake Marianne, but I can't think of them all now....Chocolate/chocolate mousee....Pound cake with Raspberry filling and banana bread with vanilla pudding is all I can remember:)
ReplyDeleteAnd in defense of the rebel in me....I like some of the other ones she came up with...but this one doesn't do it for me....maybe too much like the cupcake cakes...I also highly disaprove of those....LOL
I love the cupcake cakes :-) The tree cake took some getting used to for me. I think it's a great idea though. What would you think about a little color in the cake? Even just subtle color like light-green leaves? Something to go with the greenery idea of the centerpieces. Just an idea. Of course the flowers around the cake could be the color too. I'm just picturing vines climbing all over the cake (in a subtle way :-) Muted greens. Very outdoorsy.
ReplyDeleteNo - The cakes should be white. If Dad hasn't built the stand by one of my trips out there (it may be July), then we'll go with the other idea. I love them both, so it wouldn't be a disappointment.
ReplyDeleteOk, it's growing on me :) I'm embracing the newness! I hope I get to see whichever style you choose, in person in August.
ReplyDeleteI finally remembered the 4th kind of cake...it was chocolate/raspberry mousse. I am bringing the recipes for all four to Utah with me.
ReplyDeleteNow about the cake....are you serving cake? Is the cake on the stand real? are you serving from the stand? How many people are you planning on? I need to know how many cakes to make. Are these 8" rounds? An 8" round cake will serve...in theory 25. I'd rather serve larger pieces and get maybe 20 per cake? Let me know. :)