Thursday, June 25, 2009

Virginia Party


I was bowled over with the love and friendship of my Virginia family. On Saturday, Judy (Garrett's mom) and her closest friends threw me a bridal shower. It was so much fun and I was able to meet the town that helped raise my sweetie.


These lovely ladies were the brains and heart behind this lovely a fair. (bottom left to right: Brenda's friend, Brenda, Sue, Wilma; Top: Norma, Judy, Betsy)



This was one of the stunning food dishes. There was also fried chicken, ham and biscuits, chocolate, cake, spinach dip, cheese roll, etc. So much good food!


People came and went throughout the afternoon, so we didn't capture everyone in this photo but pretty close to it.


For opening all the other presents I had a couple of helpers...Kristen (behind me), Bridget (photos) and Shauna (recorder). Thank you!


One of our special presents were the rocking chairs we are sitting in from Garrett's parents. The story is so special that it deserves it's own post. So come again in 2 days. :)

3 comments:

  1. You got rocking chairs????? So lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful! All that food and you may not fit into your wedding dress! LOL I made my dress about 3 months before we were married and I had trouble zipping it up for the wedding day and by New Year's I couldn't get it on :(

    ReplyDelete