I went to the Social Security Office near China Town and may have been the only person who did not speak fluent Chinese. It was great because it wasn't crowded. The 20-degree weather and time of day worked in my advantage and I only had to wait 10 minutes. Then I tried to change my driver's license or bank accounts, but everything needs to have a copy of the new Social Security card first.
However, when I start my new job on Monday, my office and telephone will say "Betsy Rose". Yeah!
Yep, name changing is a pain! That's why I avoid it if I can :)
ReplyDeleteHurrah for Betsy Rose!
ReplyDeleteYea Betsy! Let's hope the passport is here by April so you can go to Paris! :-) Good luck with the new job too, btw! So exciting! - Michelle
ReplyDeletePS when I read Welcome Elizabeth Hales Rose at first I thought you were announcing a pregnancy :-) I thought, wow! And they even have a name :-)
ReplyDeleteMy card came back in less than a week, so now I can quickly change everything else and apply for my new passport. I'm thinking of having my hair done for the picture. Is that too much vanity?
ReplyDelete