To celebrate our relaxing weekend together, Garrett and I decided to go to the American Natural History Museum and see if their tree was still up. It was still very festive with the dinosaurs made out of large pine-tree branches and the TONS of people there. It wasn't as bad as Time Square at New Years, but we were amazed at how long the lines were.
When we mentioned that all we wanted to see was the Christmas Tree a worker took pity on us and showed us a faster way. And there it was the origami tree!
I was so excited. I had no clue about this until this year when I googled a few "must see" things in NY. But don't worry this wasn't the first and only year. "For over 35 years" OrigamiUSA has designed and decorated a tree to herald the beginning of the holiday season" for the museum. This year the theme was Origami A to Z. As you look up close you'll see dinosaurs, birds, letters, etc. So much fun!
The top was also very impressive. Maybe we should decorate Mom & Dad Hales' tree this way next year. Are you game?
Just a close up to show all the amazing detail. I love the centipede.
That is such a cool tree!!!!!! Wish we were your neighbors. We would have fun adventures together :)
ReplyDeleteI love the centipede, too! Very cool, and I didn't even know that the MNH had a holiday display. What was I thinking??
ReplyDelete