Friday, October 23, 2009

Vermont in the Fall

Garrett and I decided to take Mama & Papa Rose's advice and visit beautiful Vermont for the changing of the leaves.

We stayed at a lovely B&B (Mad River Inn). They are one of the 2 (or only) places in America where you can ride Icelandic horses. Why is that so cool? Because they have a unique gate that makes it like they are gliding. We didn't know that when we went, so we didn't take advantage of that. Next time...

It's been a strange fall (cold really fast), so it was difficult to tell when the peak would come. Fortunately, Vermont is gorgeous no matter what the leaves are doing and they were very pretty this weekend. In fact, Vermont will make me think of 4 things (well maybe 5).


1 - Covered Bridges (2-and a cute guy!)
3- Open spaces - most towns are a third of the size of Mapleton, UT (don't you love the leaves! This was taken at 9:30AM so there is still frost on the ground)

4 - Good people (this was a great farmers market in the middle of Wakesfield. I almost found a bracelet that I've been dying to have)
5- And of course....Ben & Jerry's factory! We had so much ice cream that we are on a diet. :)

3 comments:

  1. How do you almost find a bracelet you've been dying to have? Did you find bracelets that are similar to one you have been dying to have but are not, in fact, said bracelet? Is said bracelet found in some other place or just in your mind? Just struck me as a funny sentence construction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been coveting a bracelet that an MD at my work owns. She wears to a ton and I compliment her all the time in hopes that she will tell me wear such glorious jewelry was found. Now I've given up and just trying to find something that I enjoy as much. This place had something similar so I'm going to email them and find out if they'll make a slight change. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete